We are happy to answer any question you may have! Please note we are currently working remotely and will not be able to answer our phone. Feel free to leave a voicemail or reach out via email.
E-mail Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
UVic Pro Bono
Faculty of Law
University of Victoria
PO Box 2400 STN CSC
Victoria, BC, V8W 3H7
Pro Bono Students Canada does not provide legal advice. PBSC Students work in partnership with community organizations. We do not provide direct legal advice or representation.
If you require legal advice or representation, please see our list of recommended organizations below:
- The Law Centre: A service of the University of Victoria, Faculty of Law. It provides advice, assistance and representation to clients who cannot afford a lawyer. Free legal representation is for those who are qualified for legal assistance.
- Legal Services Society: The British Columbia Legal Aid organization. To qualify for legal assistance a household must qualify as having a low net monthly income.
- The People’s Law School: A non-profit society that provides public legal education and information in BC.
- Dial-A-Law: Provides general information on a variety of law topics in English, French, Chinese and Punjabi.
- Family Services of Greater Victoria: An organization that provides counselling, information and legal support to families.
- AdviceScene Canada: A website that provides free legal information answers as well as a lawyer directory.
- Residential Tenancy Branch: Residential Tenancy Branch of the BC Government.
- Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia: Provides guardianship and trust management services for children and youth, assistance to adults needing support with financial decision-making, as well as providing estate and personal trust services.
- Office of the Ombudsperson: Investigates complaints about the fairness of government and public agencies.
- BC Crown Publications: An online catalogue of BC Crown Publications pertaining to a variety of legal areas.
- MS Society of Canada- Volunteer Legal Advocacy Program: An advocacy program that provides legal information and advice to those affected by multiple sclerosis.
- BC Human Rights Clinic: Informational and advocacy non-profit organization that seeks to promote human rights and provides free representation to complainants with cases before the BC Human Rights Tribunal.
- Seniors First BC: A non-profit organization that provides legal information, education and advocacy services to seniors.
- Disability Alliance BC: An organization that advocates for individuals living with disabilities by providing services, community partnerships, advocacy, research and publications.